Books Swap & Family Field Day Details
In line with UmmIman.Org’s mission and values, we will be kicking off our community building activities with a double event–the Seasonal Swap and Parent & Me Field Day.
Family Field Day Details:
~Families are welcome to come out for a day of play! We will set up several outdoor games, including: pillow races, three-legged races, wheelbarrow races, tug of war, and more for parents and children to enjoy.
~Please wear comfortable clothing and bring your own water and snacks. The venue provides toilet facilities, an enclosed playground, soccer field, and parking, as well as MBTA access.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a “Field Day”? Field Day is the term used to describe an outdoor or indoor event where participants play games, such as: balancing eggs, relay races, tug of war, etc.
- What does “Swap” mean? In the context of this event, swap means the ability to exchange items. You can bring your items that are you willing to donate while other people bring theirs. If you want to take something, you are welcome to.
- Do I have to take any items from the swap? Can I just bring items to share? No, you do not have to take any items from the swap. You may bring items, but you are responsible for taking any items that you brought that no one else has claimed.
- Do I have to return any items that I take? No. That is the purpose of the event–to get new clothes/shoes/books/toys for your child without having to pay for or return them.
- More questions? Please check above before emailing email@example.com.
~You may bring clean, gently-used clothing, shoes, toys, and books for children.
~Please bring a blanket or table to display your items on, as well as your own bags for “shopping,” if you choose to take anything with you.
~Everyone is encouraged to take any items that would be of use to them; however, you are not obligated to. All items are for give and take freely, without the need to return them to the original owner.
~As the family field day will be happening at the same time, there will be a few volunteers to help with the swap and watching children while parents are shopping.
~At the end of the event, participants are responsible for taking any of their unclaimed items and donating them in charity. Staff will provide a few large donation boxes for unclaimed clothing to be donated to a local charity.
*We really love this program, because it helps families save money on items that children outgrow quickly, helps the environment by reducing waste, and allows everyone to engage in sadaqah by donating whatever goes unclaimed!